Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you visit our website to browse, submit forms, or download information, we automatically collect and store the following information:
• The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our portal;
• The date and time you access our site;
• The pages you visit;
• If you linked to this website from another website, the address of that website.
• IP addresses, which are numbers automatically assigned to a computer when using the Internet;
• The type of browser and operating system used to access the site;
• The search terms used to get to the website, in addition to search terms used in the site’s search engine;
• The dates and times users access the site;
• The type of device used to access the site;
• How often users visit the site;
• The pages users visit within the site; and
• The links made to other websites through this site.
MedplexMD Injury uses this information to help make the site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to the site and the types of technology visitors use.
MedplexMD uses Google Analytics measurement software to collect the information listed above. The data are automatically sent to Google’s system and the system immediately aggregates the data. Neither MedplexMD nor Google ever have access to the specifics of your particular site visits. The staff can only see the aggregate data from all users for a particular time period.
For website security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Use of this site constitutes consent to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and subject to legal action to include the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.
If you e-mail us and include personal information, we may use that information in responding to your request. E-mail is not necessarily secure or confidential. Send only the information that is necessary for us to answer your question or process your request.
A persistent cookie is generally defined as a piece of data that is stored on the user's hard drive. We do not use persistent cookies on our website or in our web applications.
Temporary or session cookies are used on all MedplexMD Injury web site pages. These cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Session cookies are also used by some of the applications deployed on our web site to temporarily save information entered by a user as long as the user's browser is open. These cookies do not collect personal information on users, and they are erased as soon as you close your web browser. No personally identifiable information about you is maintained as a result of a temporary or session cookie.
You can configure your web browser to accept or decline cookies, or to alert you when cookies are in use. You do not have to accept cookies from us, but if you choose not to, some of the functions on our site may not be available to you.